Pages

31 October 2011

Thinking Paper # 179: Prince Charles shock scandal scandal shock

Prince Charles, the Secretary of State for landowners, has allegedly been given the right to veto legislation that might have an impact on his private interests, namely relating to his ownership of Cornwall.  Some people are calling it a "nuclear button" (?), others are angry.  The IIPBA investigates.


Who is Charlie Boy?

He is the Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Chester, Earl of Carrick, Baron Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland.

He is probably most famous for calling Nicholas Witchell an "awful man". 

The IIPBA's POV

I wish that I was directly consulted on legislation impacting on my private interests.  I'd probably try and get the local council to fix my hallway light.  I might also get them to trim the tree in the back garden, it's a willow tree you see and the roots are quite pervasive. That is all.

Concluding comments

Charlie's people are saying that he needs this level of involvement because he might one day be King. Ha. Prince William and Kate are far prettier and likeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say things here...